Packaged in 7 ounce containers.
Lardo is made from the thick layer of fat on the back of the Mangalitsa and has been a delicacy since the days of the Hapsburg royal family. Traditionally called Crema di Lardo, our seasoned whipped lard spread is absolutely beautiful as a topping for grilled bread, for sautéing vegetables, or even on top of popcorn. Try it anywhere you would use butter or olive oil.
Mangalitsa Lard is lighter, and melts at a lower temperature, than lard from other pigs, because it contains more unsaturated fat, and is high in natural antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Monti Nebrodi: Calabrian dried chili pepper, wild oregano, and other seasonings create a distinctly Sicilian flavor
- Orange & Fennel: A combination of aromatic fennel and citrus flavors
- Rosemary & Garlic: Traditional Tuscan spices including just hint of rosemary and garlic
- Calabrian Chili Pepper: Perfect mild heat! Made using only the highest quality dried chili peppers imported from Calabria, Italy
- Uncured Bacon: Smoked Mangalitsa bacon flavor that is spreadable and versatile.
Mangalitsa by Møsefund